Bundesinstitut für Berufsbildung (BIBB)
The Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) is a nationally and internationally recognized centre of excellence for research into and development of initial and continuing vocational education and training. The aims of its research, development and counselling work are to identify future tasks of vocational education and training, to promote innovation in national and international vocational education and training and to develop new, practice-oriented proposals for solving problems in initial and continuing vocational education and training.
The BIBB was founded in 1970 on the basis of the Vocational Education and Training Act (BBiG). Its present legal basis is the Vocational Training Reform Act (BerBiRefG) of 23 March 2005, which describes the tasks of the Institute.
- studies structural developments in the job market for training positions and in continuing education and training,
- observes and studies initial and continuing training practice in enterprises,
- tests new methods in initial and continuing education and training,
- identifies future skills requirements through early detection,
- develops and modernises initial and continuing training occupations,
- supports in-company vocational training practice with modern training documents and training media,
- drafts concepts for the qualification of company trainers,
- promotes modern vocational education and training centres to supplement in-company initial and continuing training,
- assesses the quality of the vocational distance learning offered,
- manages and supervises national and international programmes for the further development of vocational education and training,
- Does international comparative research on vocational education and training.
The results of the work of the BIBB are intended primarily for
- the planning practice of vocational education and training, e.g. the top-level organisations of employers and trade unions, trade associations, competent agencies (chambers), and federal and state ministries,
- the implementation practice of vocational education and training, e.g. teaching staff in initial and continuing training, trainees and participants in continuing education and training, the management of plants and enterprises, works council and staff councils, vocational school teachers,
- The scientific community, e.g. higher education institutions and other vocational education and training research institutions.
© Forschungsinstitut Betriebliche Bildung (f-bb) | Imprint